Cookies are small text files installed and stored on your device (tablet, smartphone, computer, etc.), according to your choices, during your session on a website or when you use a mobile app for example. They can also be other technologies used for similar purposes, like the login details associated with your device. Cookies may allow the correct use of a website and application, or they may serve to verify your preferences in your online surfing in order to propose advertising in line with such preferences. Cookies may be stored permanently on your device for a period of variable duration or may be deleted upon closure of the browser or be of limited duration.
All these technologies are defined in this Cookies Policy as “Cookies”.
- Enable and improve the operation of the YUBO application, website, and other services, for example, to detect and resolve issues and bugs;
- Ensure the security of the YUBO application, website, and other services. For example, they allow us to detect and act against fraudulent activity committed by users, or which doesn’t respect the rules of the application;
- Measure the audience of the YUBO application, website, and other services, allowing us to gather statistics;
- Offer personalized and contextualized content, in particular, according to your preferences and your use of the YUBO application, website, and other services;
If you want to systematically refuse all cookies listed below, click here.
You can find a list of Cookies that we use for the YUBO application, website, and other services below, as well as an easy way to refuse them.
|Type of Cookies||Data sharing||Period of validity||Refusal|
UID: Unique Yubo Identifier
|Firebase||13 months||You can click here or edit your Settings > Safety and privacy > Personalization and data > Bug tracking|
Android: Google Advertiser ID
|13 months||You can click here or edit your Settings > Safety and privacy > Personalization and data > Analytics|
If you want to refuse the use of login details on your device you can follow the uninstall procedure offered by your device or check the instructions supplied by the manufacturer of the device (normally found in the “Settings” menu of your device). This procedure is specific to your operating system.
Some data, in particular, related to the physical location of the device, may be sent to us by your mobile device. In particular, these will allow your city to be shown on your profile and/or to suggest you friend people from your city or your country.
The collection of geolocation data is subject to your prior consent when you download or launch the YUBO Application. You can refuse YUBO access to your data when you launch the Application. Your choice can be modified free of charge at any time.
You can set your operating system settings to block geolocation. On your iOS and Android YUBO apps, you can also follow the following steps in your settings
- Uncheck the option “Use my location”
Last updated: 11 September 2020